The Academy at Marina offers a program of special activities including:
- Fitness, Dance, Yoga – These 45 minute classes are held twice a week at a neighborhood fitness center 300m from our school. The Yoga classes are taught by a certified instructor.
- Salt Cave – Once a month, our school visits a local salt cave to enjoy a 45 minute relaxation session.
- Cooking – Food experimentation is always a popular activity with children and we enjoy creating fun, healthy, edible art every week
- Music – Music plays a significant role in our lives. It helps us cope with the stresses of the day and is a healthy outlet to express emotions. We start every day singing our favorite songs and once a week learn about music of different genres, cultures and the many ways in which it shapes our world.
- Arts and Crafts – In addition to the daily morning art activities, the children will spend an afternoon making arts and crafts projects using various art techniques and materials.
- Science – Every week we take the opportunity to explore the wonders of science; observing our world and seeking answers to everyday mysteries through observation and experiments.
- Animal Friend of the Month – Every month, the school is visited by a different animal including snakes, insects, mice, birds and more.
- Wood Workshop – Every month, we spend a morning building with wood and learning to use simple tools. It’s a great opportunity to test our gross motor skills and feel the satisfaction of creating something with our bare hands.
See our Special Activities
The Academy at Marina offers two paid activities per week.
- Golf and Tennis for beginners takes place here at the school once a week with a certified instructor. Golf for advanced players takes place once a week at a local driving range. The cost is 200 kč per lesson for beginner golf and tennis and 300 kč for advanced golf lessons.
We take every opportunity to venture beyond the walls of school to places like the Zoo, Art and Science Exhibitions, Museums, local parks and other places of interest.